Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre (GECC), on behalf of Gladstone Regional Council (GRC), is calling for Expressions of Interest from local event mangers and market coordinators to manage the Christmas Market Stalls as part of the GECC’s Christmas Street Party event.
The event is being held from 4pm-8pm, Sunday 3 December along Goondoon Street between Yarroon and Roseberry Streets. Approximately 40 market sites exist for the event, which is now into its third year of operation. The market stalls are extremely popular and have filled each year. The event draws an attendance of approximately 4000 people. The GECC is looking to appoint one market coordinator to manage this aspect of the event.
This Expression of Interest requires the candidate to:
- Manage all operational aspects of the market as part of this broader event from managing application forms, communicating with stall holders, power needs, insurance requirements, attracting a variety of stall holders, managing from bump in to bump out at the event;
- Draft up a site plan including power needs and access. Generators will be provided
- Promote the market using existing branding and established marketing channels;
- Liaise closely with the GECC Event Coordinator;
- Provide sites at either end of the market for pre-arranged community organisations and Face Painting;
- Retain all financial gain received through the collection of stall holder fees which are currently priced at $40 (3x3m stall) and $75 (3x6m stall);
To submit your interest, please provide the following:
- Current ABN and Proof of Identification (copy of licence);
- Organisational Structure (if applicable);
- Capacity (and previous experience) to manage all operational and compliancy aspects of running the Market as outlined in the section above;
- Public Liability Insurance;
The GECC will:
- Manage the road closure of Goondoon Street;
- Provide assistance with promotions and distributing information regarding the market and event;
- Provide branding and event overview;
- Supply two generators;
- Provide general event assistance prior to and at the event;
Please submit your EOI Application by 5pm Friday 28 July 2017 to GECC Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 4972 2822.
Please contact the GECC for any additional enquiries