EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – LEAD MAKE UP ARTIST – 28 November 2018
An exciting opportunity is now available to join the Gladstone 2018 Combined Schools Musical Production Crew. Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre (GECC) is inviting Expressions of Interest from suitable industry and community applicants to deliver the community musical production “Shrek, The Musical”. The GECC is seeking expressions of interest for the position of Lead Make Up Artist. This is a volunteer position.
Local community members and those living in the Gladstone and/or Capricornia region with experience in Stage Make Up or similar are invited to nominate their interest. The GECC invites the community to be part of this production to develop areas of expertise within the region. To be eligible, applicants must either have a blue card or be eligible obtain one as soon as possible. Please reference the requirements of the position as below, and outline your experience in writing by 6pm Wednesday 12th December 2017 to:
General Manager | Producer 2017 Combined Schools Musical
Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre
PO Box 29 Gladstone Q 4680
Ph. 4972 2822
POSITION REQUIREMENTS – LEAD MAKE UP ARTIST
The Lead Make Up Artist is responsible for pulling together a team of volunteers to apply makeup to the performers in the Combined Schools Musical to accurately reflect period, setting, character and situation of role. The Lead Make Up Artists works closely with the Director to set the vision and design each character in line with the requirements of the production.
The Make Up Artist will begin liaison with the Director pre Christmas 2017 and begin sourcing and training their team in the New Year. They must be available for Photo Shoots and some rehearsals in February (weekends and evenings) as well as for Rehearsal and Production Week (5-17 March 2018). There are 7 performances between 12-17 March.
Please see the outlined dates you will be required below:
- Demo of specialised make-up: Thursday 25th January, 2018 – 4:00pm – 7:30pm
- Photoshoot day: Thursday 8 February (4pm onwards)
- Full Dress rehearsal: Wednesday 7th March 2018 (4pm onwards)
- Full Dress rehearsal: Sunday 11th March 2018 (8am – onwards)
– Monday 12th March through to Friday 16th March 2018 (8am – onwards)
– Friday 16th March 2018 (4pm – onwards)
– Saturday 17th March 2018 (4pm – onwards)
-TBC – Sunday 18th March 2018 (11am – onwards)
- Design of Stage Make Up
- Application of Stage Make Up
- Ability to lead a team of volunteer Make Up Artists
- Experience and skills in team management and people management
- Review the script and work with the Director to design each Character’s Stage Make Up requirements
- Recruit a team of volunteers
- Source Make Up required for the production (budget will be allocated)
- Set ‘standard make up kit’ requirements for all cast members to source locally
- Lead Make Up for full cast for Dress Rehearsals, Photo Shoot and Performances
Please submit your EOI Application by 6pm Wednesday 12th December to Carly Quinn
General Manager | Producer 2017 Combined Schools Musical at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 4972 2822.
Please contact the GECC for any additional enquiries