An exciting opportunity is now available to Direct the Gladstone 2019 Community Musical. Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre (GECC) is inviting Expressions of Interest from suitable industry and community applicants to deliver the community musical production “Title Unknown”. The GECC is seeking expressions of interest for the position of Director.
This is a paid position, and the remuneration being offered is an all inclusive fee of $5,750 exc gst.
Local community members and those living in the Gladstone and/or Capricornia region with experience in theatre, drama, teaching, music or similar are invited to nominate their interest. The GECC invites the community to be part of this production to develop areas of expertise within the region.
To be eligible, applicants must either have a blue card or be eligible obtain one as soon as possible. If you are unable to obtain a blue card, please do not apply.
An ex-gratia payment of $5,750 applies to this role.
Please reference the requirements of each position as below, and outline your experience in writing by 5pm Friday 25 May 2018 to:
Manager, Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre
PO Box 29 Gladstone Q 4680
Ph. 4972 2822
The Director oversees the entire aspect of the musical from casting to final curtain, and must be available from 1 August 2018 to 31 March 2018.
The position will involve, but is not limited to, the following:
- Artistic management of the musical production
- Head of Production Staff
- Managing key milestones to meet performance deadlines
- Cast management and coaching
- Auditioning and casting
- Collaboration with Technical Crew and Operations for lighting, sound and set design / management
- Collaboration and working closely with choreographer, musical director, stage manager, costume manager and vocal coach
- Complying with Gladstone Entertainment Centre Procedures and Regulations
- Working closely with the GECC Project Team to deliver a quality and cost-effective production
- Work as part of and with the Musical Management Committee
- Score and Music reading would be advantageous to this role
- Please detail your experience or qualifications working in and/or directing musical theatre or theatre productions. Resume’s welcome.
- Please state your experience working with community musical productions.
- Please provide any experience working with children in a theatre environment.
- Provide an overview of key production milestones to ensure the musical keep to a tight timeline yet delivers a high-quality show, starting with auditions through to final dress rehearsal.
- Please explain how you could direct this production in a time effective manner, and how you will maximise the involvement of your supporting production staff.
- Please state how many rehearsals you would expect, at a minimum.
- If you live outside the region, please note how many times you anticipate to travel, and how you might limit your travel requirements yet maximise engagement through use of digital communications or other technology.
- Other supporting documentation such as written references or referees is also optional.
Please submit your application by Friday 25 May 2018.